INFOGRAPHIC: Getting Started with Invisalign
Getting started with Invisalign at Advanced Orthodontics could not be easier. Dr. Larrabee and the Team at Advanced Orthodontics make the process as smooth as possible. See below for a comprehensive infographic that goes over the process of getting started with Invisalign at Advanced Orthodontics!
The first step is to call or text the office and one of our amazing scheduling coordinators will be happy to help find a day and time that works for your schedule to come meet with Dr. Larrabee and your treatment coordinator. They will also gather a little bit of information about yourself to help us better meet your specific orthodontic needs.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a very popular orthodontic alternative to traditional braces. The treatment consists of a clear aligner that is custom-fitted to the patient’s teeth, and interchanged throughout a period of time designated by your orthodontist until the teeth are properly aligned! This popular orthodontic treatment used for creating a beautiful and healthy smile can be used by adults and teens alike through Invisalign and Invisalign Teen treatment.
Invisalign is worn for as long as possible during the day and night, though it can be removed for specific activities for short periods of time (eating, playing sports, brushing teeth). Over a course of weeks/months, you will use different aligners that will adjust your teeth to the desired outcome. Much like braces, using Invisalign is a customized orthodontic treatment that is guided by an experienced Orthodontist. Invisalign can be used to treat non-complex and complex cases.
Invisalign is no longer considered a new orthodontic treatment, and through decades of research and optimization, is considered one of the most trusted orthodontic treatments available. As the technology has matured, so has the difficulty of cases that Invisalign is able to treat, such as:
- Overbites, Underbites, & Open Bites
- Teeth crowding
- Spacing Issues
The Difference Between Invisalign and Traditional Braces
Invisalign is quickly becoming one of the top orthodontic treatments for older patients, but more and more teens are favoring this method as well. This is due to a few reasons:
- Discretion: Invisalign is created with a clear material, so when it is placed on the teeth it is less noticeable than traditional braces. Rubber bands and metal brackets are no longer necessary through an Invisalign treatment, meaning it is a great option for teens and adults who want to create a healthy smile without the look of traditional braces.
- Hygiene: As you are able to put on and remove the Invisalign aligner at your leisure (within the confines of your treatment plan, of course!), you can more easily clean your teeth more thoroughly. Patients may find it difficult to get into the nooks and crannies between their braces brackets, but wouldn’t run into that issue with Invisalign, as there is no permanent application on their teeth that would impede great oral hygiene.
- Comfort: Many patients report feeling uncomfortable in the first couple of weeks after receiving traditional braces. This is because the metal brackets irritate the inside of the lips and tongue. While any new orthodontic treatment may feel strange at first, the irritation level of Invisalign is much less than its braces counterpart!
- Safety: For those involved in sports, Invisalign Teen is a great and safe alternative to braces. Being hit in the mouth by a stray ball could cause damage to the interior of the mouth due to the amount of brackets/hardware in the mouth that cannot be removed during activity. However, Invisalign Teen clear aligners can be removed for brief periods of time, such as during sports practices or games, to ensure no damage could occur due to permanent orthodontic fixtures.
How Do You Get Started With Invisalign?
When you come in for your consultation at Advanced Orthodontics, you’ll be introduced to our energetic staff, given a tour of the office and records will be taken. With our 3D digital X-ray, we can create a digital model of your teeth – no impressions needed. Dr. Larrabee will use the digital scanner to show you a simulation of your smile outcome at the end of treatment.
Our treatment coordinator will happily find a payment arrangement that works for your budget. Dr. Larrabee never lets finances get in the way of the smile you’ve always wanted. At Advanced Orthodontics, you can take advantage of our ‘pay in full’ courtesy, or our 0% interest, extended, in-house payment plans. We also accept all PPO insurances and can utilize your HSA (health spending account) or FSA (flex spending account) dollars. You can read further about how dental insurance can be used to cover orthodontic treatments in our blog post. No matter how you plan to budget for orthodontics, or if you’re unsure, your treatment coordinator is an expert at finding the right option for you!
If you’re ready to get started at your consultation, we will send your digital scan to Invisalign. Dr. Larrabee will work to engineer specific tooth movements that are needed to create your beautiful smile and have your clear aligners manufactured. Then in four to six weeks, your trays will arrive! You are now on your way to a beautiful, healthy smile with Invisalign!
Can Invisalign Help With Complex Cases?
Have you been told you’re not a candidate for Invisalign? As an elite provider of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen, Dr. Larrabee has utilized Invisalign for even the most complex cases. He strongly encourages anyone who is considering Invisalign to schedule their free orthodontic consultation, even if they’ve been turned away by other Orthodontists.
There are a few reasons why you may have been rejected for Invisalign, but don’t get discouraged! You should always seek out a second opinion (by booking a free consultation with Dr. Larrabee) to determine what orthodontic journey is right for you.
Sometimes a dentist or orthodontist may reject a patient for Invisalign simply because they do not have enough experience utilizing it. Dr. Larrabee has many years of experience working with complex cases through Invisalign, and is regarded as one of the elite providers of Invisalign in Arizona. Invisalign is a great orthodontic solution for those who would prefer to forego traditional braces, but still want to undergo corrective treatment for their teeth.
Another reason you may have been denied Invisalign is due to financial reasons. As mentioned above, Advanced Orthodontics has a flexible payments program where we will work with you regarding your specific financial needs in order to provide you with the Invisalign treatment you deserve!
Contact us today if you’re ready to get started with Invisalign!
Embed this infographic on your website using this code:
<blockquote class=”embedly-card”><h4><a href=”http://aosmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Advanced-Orthodontics-Get-Started-With-Invisalign-410×1024.png”>null</a></h4><p>null</p></blockquote>
<script async src=”//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/platform.js” charset=”UTF-8″></script>