Are you experiencing dental issues that make you self-conscious about your smile? Do you find it difficult to chew or speak properly? If so, you may be in need of orthodontic treatment. Dr. Benjamin Larrabee and Dr. Prashansa Sharma-Makwana, the leading orthodontists at Advanced Orthodontics in Mesa, AZ are here to help. With their expertise and state-of-the-art techniques, they can transform your smile and improve your oral health. In this blog, we will explore the signs that indicate you might need orthodontic treatment and the various options available to you.
When is Orthodontic Treatment Needed?
Orthodontic treatment is necessary when there are issues with the alignment of your teeth and jaws. While some problems are obvious, others may be more subtle. If you experience any of the following signs, it’s time to schedule a consultation with Dr. Larrabee or Dr. Sharma:
- Crooked or Misaligned Teeth: Teeth that are crowded, rotated, or overlapping can affect your bite and make it harder to clean your teeth properly, leading to oral health issues.
- Overbite or Underbite: An overbite occurs when the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth excessively, while an underbite is when the lower teeth protrude beyond the upper teeth. Both conditions can cause jaw pain, difficulty chewing, and speech problems.
- Crossbite or Open Bite: A crossbite is when the upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth, and an open bite is when the upper and lower teeth don’t touch when the mouth is closed. These conditions can lead to uneven wear on the teeth and jaw joint problems.
Signs You Need Orthodontic Treatment
If you’re unsure whether you need orthodontic treatment, look out for these common signs:
- Difficulty Chewing or Biting: If you experience pain or discomfort while chewing or biting, it may indicate a misalignment issue that requires orthodontic intervention.
- Speech Problems: Certain orthodontic issues can affect your speech, causing lisps or difficulty pronouncing certain sounds. Orthodontic treatment can help correct these issues and improve your speech.
- Chronic Jaw Pain: Misaligned teeth and jaws can put undue stress on the jaw joint, leading to chronic pain and discomfort. Orthodontic treatment can help alleviate this pain by properly aligning your teeth and jaws.
Orthodontic Options: Invisalign and Braces
At Advanced Orthodontics, Dr. Larrabee and Dr. Sharma offer a range of orthodontic options tailored to your needs. Two popular options are Invisalign and traditional braces.
This revolutionary treatment involves wearing a series of clear, removable aligners that gradually shift your teeth into their proper position. Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, comfortable, and allow you to maintain your oral hygiene routine without any hassle.
Traditional braces consist of metal brackets and wires that apply gentle pressure to move your teeth into alignment. They are highly effective for correcting complex orthodontic issues and are available in various styles, including ceramic braces that blend with your teeth for a more discreet look.
Call Advanced Orthodontics Today
If you’re experiencing any of the signs mentioned above, it’s essential to seek professional orthodontic care. Dr. Larrabee and Dr. Sharma at Advanced Orthodontics have the expertise and experience to provide you with the best treatment options for your unique needs.
Don’t delay improving your smile and oral health any longer. Call Advanced Orthodontics at (480) 357-4900 to schedule a consultation today. Our friendly team is ready to answer your questions and guide you towards a confident, healthy smile.